diumenge, 3 de març del 2013

Study of ADHD



Hello, as you know, my name is Marina Bordas and my research project is about the study of ADHD.
I decided to do my project about ADHD because I would like to study psychology at University, and it is a disorder that is increasingly diagnosed in children and some years ago it was diagnosed for my sister.
This disorder is quite complex, because many people think that it's invented.

Attention deficit – hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common source
neurobiological that begins in childhood between 7-9 years old, and is characterized by
presence of attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity and impulsivity.

Impulsivity is characterized by a lack of self-control or inability to inhibit behavior.
Hyperactivity is characterized by frequent movement of hands and feet.

There is no definite cause for 100% ADHD. Not all children have the same symptoms and the symptoms can vary according to age, so may cause problems about diagnosis and treatment. The treatment of ADHD is multimodal, that is, involves more than one professional doctor,teachers, parents and the patient. And medicines are dangerous, as there are many side effects.

Doing the project I learnt that there are many people who don't know what ADHD is and I think that it should be reported because, as I mentioned before, there are more people with the disorder and, from the point of view of education, I think that teachers should adapt exams and follow the protocol that has been established so that students can continue in classes , with good conditions and they are more motivated to get better marks.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada