dijous, 13 de febrer del 2014

Study of ADHD




Hello, as you know, my name is Marina Bordas and my research project is about the study of ADHD.
I decided to do my project about ADHD because I would like to study psychology at University, and it is a disorder that is increasingly diagnosed in children and some years ago it was diagnosed for my sister.
This disorder is quite complex, because many people think that it's invented.

Attention deficit – hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common source
neurobiological that begins in childhood between 7-9 years old, and is characterized by
presence of attention deficit disorder, hyperactivity and impulsivity.

Impulsivity is characterized by a lack of self-control or inability to inhibit behavior.
Hyperactivity is characterized by frequent movement of hands and feet.

There is no definite cause for 100% ADHD. Not all children have the same symptoms and the symptoms can vary according to age, so may cause problems about diagnosis and treatment. The treatment of ADHD is multimodal, that is, involves more than one professional doctor,teachers, parents and the patient. And medicines are dangerous, as there are many side effects.

Doing the project I learnt that there are many people who don't know what ADHD is and I think that it should be reported because, as I mentioned before, there are more people with the disorder and, from the point of view of education, I think that teachers should adapt exams and follow the protocol that has been established so that students can continue in classes , with good conditions and they are more motivated to get better marks.




Presentation(10%)
Do you use any resources? Are the resources relevant and attractive and focused on the topic? Do they support your presentation? Is the timing 5-7 minutes?

Yes, I used a power-point. Yes, it helped me a lot. Yes.
8
Body language and eye contact(10%)
Are you looking at your audience most of the time? Are you reading occasionally from your notes? Are you doing any gestures / movement to hold the attention of the audience?

I was very nervous but I think that I saw at the audience. Yes, I read a little bit.
4
Structure(10%)
Do you organize your ideas in order of importance? Do you use discourse markers to make your ideas more clear?
Yes. Fist of all the introduccion, after the body structure and the last one, the conclusion.

8
Content (40%)
Do you introduce interesting, NEW information to your audience? Is your information detailed and clear? Do you give / show examples? Is your information copied from a source or is it original? Did you look up information/facts/ideas in the Internet/books…?
Yes, I think that it was very interesting and I explained some examples. I searched information in my TDR (Internet, books and interviews).

20
Language(20%)
Is your grammar correct, complex? Is your vocabulary rich and varied? Do you use sentence linkers? Do you use pause fillers?
Yes, I put technic words and synonyms.

15
Pronunciation and intonation(10%)
Do you know how to pronounce all your words? Did you check the pronunciation with a dictionary, a classmate or the teacher? Do you change your tone of voice or use a monotone tone all the time? Did you speed in a fluid continuum or with breaks and interruptions?
There were a lot of words that I had to listened the pronuntation.


6









Final Mark: (100%)                                                                61

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada